Q-YEE Waterproof HR Watch Review

The greatest fitness tracker of all time! Q-YEE!! Waterproof, built in heart rate monitor, pedometer, swanky design, Bluetooth 4.0, super long battery life and all at a price that everyone can afford. Just kidding, this isn't a review of the item itself. Thinking of buying this Smartwatch and ended up here looking for reviews. My advice. Don't buy it! Read why below.

This is a review of the reviews for the Q-YEE Waterproof Heart Rate Monitor Smartwatch. That sounds quite funny. A review of the reviews. Well, fun over, this is were it gets serious, because the news is not good. The Q-YEE has fake written all over it. The feedback is so one sided that its ridiculous. I don't care how good this fitness tracker might be (word is its totally crap), if a company has to resort to paying Amazon users to write fake reviews, what does that say about the company. Obviously, if they had confidence in their product they wouldn't have to resort to such deceitful tactics.

We see a common trend here with the Q-YEE. All non-verified feedback say its an excellent device, five stars across the board. And all the verified purchases say its a piece of junk. This is very similar to the Botimo Q8, which has also been talked about on this blog. I'm actually really surprised that this product (the Q-YEE - Q-NO) is still up for sale, as surely Amazon must be aware of all the fake reviews. Admittedly, the unreal "customer" feedback does read well, it's quite convincing. But not convincing enough. As well as some of it has been written, the giveaways are too blatant. All five stars given, all use mostly excellent native UK grammar, and none, not one are verified purchases. Even a few potential customers have picked up on it. Some have even wrote "All the reviews are fake" on this listing. That's really nice to see.

I would have thought Amazon would have pulled the tracker from being sold and banned the company from trading on their site. But no, it is still up for sale. Amazon might be late to the party you said? Not aware of the issue yet.. Well, the fake reviews appear to have started in mid August 2017, so it has been on their site for quite a while now. With all this nonsense going on it makes me think of the rest of the fitness trackers which are cheap and do have really good review scores.

Do they have paid-for reviews mixed in with the real ones.. It also makes me think that while a lot of these cheap trackers do have a better review score than many of the Fitbits out there, is it really the Fitbit, with its genuine review score, that is actually the better overall product. And the one more worthy of your money. Hmm, I'm not sure. I don't own an activity tracker.

To be totally honest, I hate them. What is happening to the world. Everything needs to be tracked and logged. There seems to be an obsession with it. From the smallest bit of exercise (Tracker wearer: "I walked 343 steps today!" lol), to calorie intake, to how fast a heart beats, to not a minutes peace due to constant updates (notifications) coming in from the Smartphone synchronized to the watch. Can't I even go for a run in peace anymore. FFS. And it can't be healthy to be wearing a constantly activated Bluetooth device that's actually in contact with the wearers wrist.

Fitness Trackers are bad enough. I know, lets automate everything. What next? Something that can turn a light on for me.. How lazy, dependent and comfortable do people want to be. Sadly yes, this already exists. It's called the Amazon Echo (Alexa). There are many others out there too. I can't believe people actually embrace this technology and think its great. I'm old school, and these things do not sit right in my world. If I want a light turned on, I get off my a** and turn it on.

Not to mention the security / privacy concerns that come with such a device. Apparently, these types of devices listen to, and record everything in the location where they are placed in. So, it gives you (not me) a little of what you like (wow, I don't have to turn the music up using my finger anymore, what a relief), in exchange, you have just let a spy / hackable device into your home. What a trade-off.

No comments: